Get an adviser

If you want to become a teacher or return to teaching in England, a teacher training adviser can guide you through the process with free one-to-one support.

Your adviser will help you with:

  • getting school experience
  • funding your course
  • choosing the right training
  • writing your personal statement
  • interview tips

Who can get an adviser?

To get an adviser, you'll need (one of the following):

  • a bachelor's degree, class 2:2 (honours) or higher
  • to be studying for a degree and are predicted to get a class 2:2 (honours) or higher
  • an overseas qualification equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours, class 2:2 or higher

If you’re thinking about returning to teaching, you'll need to have qualified teacher status (QTS) and want to teach a secondary subject in England to get an adviser.

Before you use this service as a non-UK citizen, you can check your qualifications by calling 0800 389 2500.

Start now

Find teacher training options if you live in: